Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

Lunar Eclipse v2.0!

Discussion in 'Astrophotography and Imaging' started by Orion25, Nov 8, 2022.

Lunar Eclipse v2.0!

Started by Orion25 on Nov 8, 2022 at 6:26 PM

13 Replies 661 Views 2 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. Orion25

Orion25 Well-Known Member

The second lunar eclipse this year! Here are some prime focus shots through my 127mm Mak:
    LUNAR ECLIPSE SHOTS 11-08-22 A 001 SM.jpg LUNAR ECLIPSE SHOTS 11-08-22 A 004 SM.jpg LUNAR ECLIPSE SHOTS 11-08-22 A 006 SM.jpg LUNAR ECLIPSE SHOTS 11-08-22 A 011 SM.jpg LUNAR ECLIPSE SHOTS 11-08-22 A 015 SM.jpg

Would love to see some lunar eclipse photos from my fellow ACers.

Cheers!
    Reggie:D

Ed D and Mak the Night like this.
  2. Mak the Night

Mak the Night Well-Known Member

Those are great Reggie, as usual. Unfortunately the eclipse wasn't visible from the Arctic Circle, I mean Britain.

[​IMG]

You might need this lol.

Orion25 likes this.
  3. Orion25

Thanks, Dave. I spent a few hours before work enjoying the event. I had to fiddle with the camera settings to bring out the copper hue as the eclipse progressed. It's so quiet and peaceful before dawn. Now, since we've shifted to standard time in the US, I've been waking up an hour earlier than usual which is ok. I just go outside and spend some time under the pre-dawn sky.

BTW, I love these "old school" books (there's a double entendre in there somewhere, lol) ;)

Mak the Night likes this.
  4. Ed D

Ed D Well-Known Member

Reggie, I'm happy you got to enjoy and image the lunar eclipse. Thanks for posting the images.

Weather down here has been consistent. :mad::(

Ed

Orion25 likes this.
  5. Mak the Night

The colour came out well, they were well worth the effort. It must have been a great sight. We're back in GMT as well. Although I've never understood the need for daylight saving time. I've certainly never read an explanation for it that makes total sense. There again, I don't even know how my toaster works.

moon.jpg

There's just something about "old school" books that my Kindle can't replace. Well, that and the fact that there's no chance of forgetting the lock screen code, lol.

Nebula and Orion25 like this.
  6. Orion25

;)

7. Orion25

Thanks, Ed. I was able to see it just before work during the peaceful pre-dawn hours. Mars is bold and bright but features are a bit soft; I hope that situation changes before perigee/opposition.

Tropical storm Nicole on the way!

8. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

Cool transition of coloration @Orion25 I bet you had a good time there, looking at the moon. I missed the eclipse myself but you show me some pictures now.

upload_2022-11-10_12-57-16.png
    Great pictures!

Orion25 likes this.
  9. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

10. Mak the Night

There isn't much on Mars and Venus in it to be honest Reggie. What there is is ancient history. Basically it's the famous Rükl map in a book.

rukl.jpg

I've had my copy since I was a schoolboy. Although I may have originally inadvertently borrowed it from my brother (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!). It's actually a really nice book and taught me a lot about lunar topography. It's worth £12.28. It reminds me of nights of yore with my old 50mm Tasco, and thinking how marvellous it was that I could actually recognise some lunar features. Probably at no more than about 50x lol. Oh, I so want the Buck Rogers, I meant Nelson, book. I wager it's better than the Fortean Times.

11. Nebula

Nebula Well-Known Member

That might be good for me to read and learn some things once in a while. It looks interesting with the names of the craters history.

it's similar as the "Atlas of the moon" it also has the listing and the history of the names of the craters, I just checked that.

I don't know Fortean Times.. but I would like to read the Buck Nelson book, a good UFO story that would be nice.

12. Mak the Night

The map drawn by the Czech astronomer Antonin Rükl (1932-2016) was once considered the finest and most accurate full map of the Moon commonly or easily available. I believe it's been superseded by better photographic surveys since.

http://the-moon.us/wiki/Rükl_Index_Map

The Fortean Times is a British publication named after Charles Fort, the pioneering investigator of anomalous phenomena.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortean_Times

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  13. Orion25

Ed D and Mak the Night like this.
  14. Mak the Night

Orion25 likes this.