Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

help please im a noobie

Discussion in 'Vintage Telescopes & Equipment' started by FireMountain, Jul 28, 2019.

help please im a noobie

Started by FireMountain on Jul 28, 2019 at 5:10 PM

3 Replies 2676 Views 0 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. FireMountain

FireMountain New Member

hello everyone I'm so happy I found this place !!! I have recently bought an older telescope its a celestron 11-inch Altima . I recently got a 2 - inch 90 degree and it will not fit into the back of my scope I need an adaptor but I have no idea what it would be called [exactly] or where to find such a thing . if some one could please help me find what I need to make this work I would be so grateful !!! thank you for taking the time to read this and possibly help?

Attached Files:

2. Agena AstroProducts

Agena AstroProducts Vendor

Hi FireMountain,

Welcome to AC!

What you need is a 2" SCT visual back. Take a look at our following guide (especially section 3) that explains all of this in great detail:
    https://agenaastro.com/choosing-2inch-sct-diagonals.html

However, from your photo, it appears that you are missing the 3.28"-2" reducer adapter that should have come with your scope (see section 3 in this article if you are not familiar with SCT threads:
    https://agenaastro.com/articles/upgrading-the-focuser-on-your-sct.html#selecting)

Agena AstroProducts

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    astrokerr likes this.
  3. FireMountain

FireMountain New Member

thank you so much for your help now that I know what its called I hopefully can find one .I tried amazon but I had no luck .do you know anywhere I can find that piece at? a link maybe ? thank you for all your help

4. Agena AstroProducts

Agena AstroProducts Vendor

Section 3 in the first article has links to many visual backs on our site.

If you are missing the large reducer adapter which your scope should have come with, we're afraid we know of no sources for that item. Meade and Celestron have been talking about selling that part separately for a long time, but have yet to. Mercury Systems used to offer that, but they closed up shop a few years ago.

Agena AstroProducts