Dismiss Notice
New Cookie Policy
On May 24, 2018, we published revised versions of our Terms and Rules and Cookie Policy. Your use of AstronomyConnect.com’s services is subject to these revised terms.

class="prefix prefixSilver">Discussion Skysync GPS

Discussion in 'All Other Observing Equipment' started by PXR-5, Sep 4, 2018.

Skysync GPS

Started by PXR-5 on Sep 4, 2018 at 5:24 PM

8 Replies 1305 Views 1 Likes

Reply to Thread Post New Thread
  1. PXR-5

PXR-5 Well-Known Member

Has any one tried this thing for Celestron Nexstar?
    A bit pricey being that it just down loads time and location, but I'm still thinking about it ;)

Could save time and increase accuracy I guess.

Dave In Vermont likes this.
  2. Dave In Vermont

Dave In Vermont Well-Known Member

I've heard some rumblings' about these, usually as people were having problems with it. But nothing by way of good, objective general reviews - which is what I'd like to see. Yet.

Anyone have, or know, of such? Jeff - have you checked CloudyNights (RowdyFights)? 'CN' is worth the time to register to - it's free - just to find things like reviews - though chatting with fellow astronomer's often results in first-hand knowledge in why 'RowdyFights' is a suitable re-naming. :p

Best Wishes,

Dave

3. PXR-5

PXR-5 Well-Known Member

Yeah, good ole Crowdy Fights LOL good God all they do is fight about everything.
    The OTO has gotten horrible and unbearable, its bearly moderated so it seems.
    What gets me it's run by a vendor.

A few guys on AF like it, but say it's just plain over priced.

On CN, well, they would just fight about it for a week ;)

4. Dave In Vermont

That's why I'd just look for previous reports in their search-engine. But not enter any new posts/threads. Take what they already have - and run away! :D

5. Dave In Vermont

Jeff - this piece you wrote above has been bouncing around in my head all evening - the part where you mentioned that CN/RF has a vendor sponsoring that fiasco. You're right, of course. But I can't remember who it is! They probably like it that way! :p

But I am doing a search for some esoteric filters, so I need to find out. So I've grabbed my 'whip & chair' and will now bravely head off to do battle to shake the name of their sponsor out of the War-Zone!

Wish me luck!

<POIT!>

p.s.- I made it out by the skin of my teeth! Oh Boy! Do I ever have a story to tell! But too tired at the moment. I'll say this much as I fade into oblivion - Do they EVER have a good reason to hide this information! Oh My God!! <THUD!>

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    PXR-5 likes this.
  6. PXR-5

PXR-5 Well-Known Member

It's the one in OK

Right now they are arguing whether John McCain was a hero and Flag issues and Guns. Crazy, the vendor won't step in.
    I used to own my own hobby store, sold entry level scopes and trains. Never would I allow anyone to talk politics or religion there. No need for an off topic area really, just allow some friendly chit chat within a thread, as long as it doesn't go to far off topic.

Well, I never did pull the trigger on that GPS, not yet anyway, it's just too cloudy and that makes me crabby LOL :)

Dave In Vermont likes this.
  7. Dave In Vermont

Their sponsor - Astronomics - has absurdly high prices and carries lines of goods that no one but a blathering moron would consider buying! I guess they must have some loyal customers though. Must spend their entire disability-check there every time it's 'Computer-Therapy Hour' down at Dr. Dippy's Retreat - before Big Nurse rushes into the room and sticks a needle of Haldol® in their backsides...

PXR-5 likes this.
  8. PXR-5

PXR-5 Well-Known Member

Funny post Dave, thanks for the laugh. I've contacted them about their forum and didn't really seem to care. They must be making money thru all the traffic on the site I guess.

There's a wealth of info on this site :)

9. Dave In Vermont

I have software that effectively blocks all advertising, but thanks for the idea - turn-off my ad-blockers and go see who all RF has paying for that site. My deadly curiosity has been lit!

<POIT!>