Representing the ultimate in eyepiece design and technology, the new six and seven element Series 5000 Ultra Wide Angle eyepieces deliver extremely high resolution, contrast and full-field sharpness over an astounding 82° apparent field-of-view. Only the highest quality materials were selected to create these extraordinary eyepieces. The designs required several different types of exotic glass in order to achieve the highest level of optical performance. Looking through a Series 5000 Ultra Wide Angle eyepiece is the next best thing to actually being there.
• Ultra Wide 82° apparent field-of-view
• Premium grade optical glass
• Individually tuned, multi-layered coatings for maximum light transmission
• Lens edges and all internal metal surfaces are blackened to maximize image contrast
• Parfocal - little or no refocusing required when switching eyepieces
• Long eye relief
• Adjustable twist-up rubber eyeguards
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
May 28, 2011
Wide field,Good contrast,Strong Construction,Quality LensesCons:
Very good but very heavy eyepiece. Good contrast. Almost good as Nagler 31 mm.
Did I say it's very heavy? ;)
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Apparent Field of View||82°|
|Barrel Size||2" (50.8mm)|
|Bolt Case Included||Discontinued Item|
|Bolt Case Size||-|
|Blackened Lens Edges||Yes|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||20.1mm - 30mm|
|Eyepiece Field of View||Over 80 degrees|
|Eyepiece Series||Meade UWA|
|Barrel Type||With safety undercut|
|Filter Threads||Standard 2" Filter Thread (M48 x 0.75)|